I want to share with you something I learned years ago from Kevin J. Conner’s book, The Foundation of Christian Doctrine. It is about the teaching of some cults on sin. I want to share this with you so that you can be watchful in your pilgrimage to the Celestial City (Heaven).
Cults, for the past centuries have tried to pervert the doctrine sin. Just as the scripture says, “But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.” (2 Tim. 3:13) Merely deceived men have grown tough in their deception and thus working assiduously to deceive many others. In their deception they seek to advance theories to deny and minimize the doctrine of sin. The following are statements gathered from the various cults concerning sin.
1. SPIRITISM says, “Man never had a fall. Whatever is, is right. Evil does not exist. Evil is good. No matter what man’s path may, good or bad, it is the path of divine ordination and destiny. A lie is the truth intrinsically; it holds a lawful place in creation, it is a necessity.”
2. THEOSOPHY teaches, “All thought, good or bad, leaves its traces on the thought body and reappears as tendencies in future incarnations. No escape from this sequence of cause and effect is possible. Our past must work itself out. Man’s spirit is transmigratory and its good or bad conduct determines the body it will have in each successive birth. The only freedom from sin is to become entirely lost in meditative contemplation.
3. RUSSELLISM OR JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES on sin, “Death, extinction of being, is the wages of sin. During the millennium, the spirit will be resurrected and given a second chance or trial for everlasting life. Each does not die now for his own sin, but for Adam’s sin, thus in Adam all died. The day in which every man shall die for his own sin is the millennial or restitution day.”
4. CHRISTIAN SCIENCE says that, “Man is incapable of sin, that sin is an error of mortal mind. Man only thinks there is sin and when his thinking is corrected, then sin will not exist. Sin, sickness and death are not realities but illusions. Man cannot sin in as much as he derives his existence from God and possesses not a single original and underived power.”
5. UNITY teaches, “There is no sin, sickness or death. God, who sees and understands perfectly, sees no evil because there is no evil. Eventually we shall see clearly the unreality and futility of appearances of evil, to which, through misunderstanding, men now attribute substance and reality. Sin is falling short of demonstrating our divine nature. I do not accuse the world or myself of having lustful passions or sensual appetites, for God is all. The sins of ancestors cannot reflect upon us in any way.”
6. MORMONISM teaches that, “It was necessary for Adam to partake of the forbidden fruit or he would not have known good or evil here, neither could he have had mortal posterity.
In the light of these concepts which contradict the Biblical revelation concerning the doctrine of sin, it is no wonder that each of these also hold false views concerning Christ and His atoning work. My beloved brethren, I admonish you therefore to be sober, watchful, prayerful and, above all spiritual, for the days of evil have so dawned on humanity. Look unto Jesus Christ and receive life..
Any reproductions from this site must include a proper acknowledgement as follows:
By S. E. Entsua-Mensah. ©2014 Christ for Humanity Outreach
You are permitted and encouraged to reproduce and distribute this material in its entirety or in unaltered excerpts, as long as you do not charge a fee. For internet posting, please use only unaltered excerpts (not the content in its entirety) and provide a hyperlink to this page. Any exceptions to the above should be approved by Christ for Humanity Outreach.