“For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.” (Eph. 6:12) The Enemy we are fighting commands a great horde of principalities, powers, spiritual rulers, demons and etc. we cannot keep listing on this page. Yet we are capable of overcoming each day. I am determined to provoke you into winning and living victoriously by exposing the Enemy to you, through the unveiling of his identity (through his names). Here are the names of the Enemy;
- The enemy and the avenger (Psa. 8:2) – he is against God and the entire human race
- Dragon (Rev. 12:4, 9, 17) – because of his cruelty
- Beelzebub (Matt. 12:24) – because he is the ruler of all demons and oppressing powers (for example; he was the ruler of powers such Hitler, Stalin, Idi Amin etc.)
- Angel of abyss or the prince of the bottomless pit (Rev. 9:11) – because of his unrelenting nature of destroying whatever he encounters (Job 15:21; 2 Thess. 2:3)
- Ancient serpent (Gen. 3; Rev. 12:9; 20:2) – because of his deception
- A roaring lion (1 Pet. 5:8) – to those who are not watchful and sober
- The father of lies (Jn. 8:44) – because of his creative ability to fabricate lies. He is the source or originator of lies. And also the spiritual father of those who tell lies.
- Devil (Matt. 4; Lk. 4; Jude 9; Rev. 12:9,12) – because of his temptation
- Ruler of the authority of the air (Eph. 2:2) – he is the king of evil and unclean spirits (for example; the spirit of anger, slander, theft and frustration, the spirit of hatred, lust, homosexuality and lesbianism, the spirit of epilepsy etc…)
- Satan (Job 2; Zech. 3:1, 2; Matt. 4:10; 1 Thess. 2:18; Rev. 2:9) – because of his hatred. This name portrays him as the adversary.
- The god of this age (2 Cor. 4:4) – he is the leader of the world religion (for example; the new world order, church of Satan, the Freemason and Illuminati, Mormonism, etc…)
- Angel of light (2 Cor.11:13-15) – because of his strategy to deceive watchful believers
- The ruler of the world (Jn. 14:30) – he is the head of the great world powers (for example; witchcraft, all forms of occultism, magic etc…)
- Accuser of the brethren (Rev. 12:10) – he always points fingers at believers (therefore bringing guilt upon an already forgiven people)
BONUS: This bad guy was once an angel (precisely the anointed cherub that covers, Ezek. 28:14) called Lucifer. He has become a profane thing because he fell in love (in other words he became proud and self-centered) with his glory and beauty and wisdom (Isa. 14:12-15). This is the Enemy we must wrestle against not some old grandmother somewhere or some frustrated stepmother. In war it is most important to know your enemy well, because the better you know your enemy the easier your victory.