Most often than not we are tempted to think that the Word of God (the Bible) is just a historical manuscript which is has no direct impact upon our lives in this present age. The truth we must all embrace is this: “For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.” (Heb. 4:12)
The Word is still living and very active to do beyond all that we can imagine and ask from God. It is imperative to trust in the Word of God at all times because the Word is living and active. Here are some reasons why we must trust in the Word of God. We must trust in the Word because,
- It creates.“By the word of the Lord were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.” (Psa. 33:6)
- It gives light and understanding.“The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.” (Psa. 119:130)
- It heals.“He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.” (Psa. 107:20)
- In it your steps can be ordered.“Order my steps in thy word: and let not any iniquity have dominion over me.” (Psa. 119:133)
- It is righteous and faithful.“Thy testimonies that thou hast commanded are righteous and very faithful.” (Psa. 119:138)
- It quickens.“This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me.” (Psa. 119:50)
- It is good.“And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come” (Heb. 6:5)
- It governs weather conditions.“Fire, and hail; snow, and vapour; stormy wind fulfilling his word” (Psa. 148:8)
BONUS: Life is incomplete without God’s Word. Everyone is not complete without putting his/her trust in the Word of God which cannot be contradicted by God Himself. Trusting in the Bible is the difference between a Christian and a noise making church-goer. The authenticity of the Bible (or Word of God) can never be underestimated, for which I encourage to trust in the Word with all your heart, strength and mind.
Any reproductions from this site must include a proper acknowledgement as follows:
By S. E. Entsua-Mensah. ©2014 Christ for Humanity Outreach
You are permitted and encouraged to reproduce and distribute this material in its entirety or in unaltered excerpts, as long as you do not charge a fee. For internet posting, please use only unaltered excerpts (not the content in its entirety) and provide a hyperlink to this page. Any exceptions to the above should be approved by Christ for Humanity Outreach.