People easily commit to relationships than to God, largely because God cannot be seen and people can be seen and touched. One of the surest ways to commit ourselves in our relationship with God is to commit to the Word (precisely all that has been written in the Bible). Here are some reasons why we should easily commit ourselves to the Word in other to establish a strong relationship with God. We should commit to the Word because,
- It is true.“Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever.” (Psa. 119:160)
- It is right.“For the word of the Lord is right; and all his works are done in truth.” (Psa. 33:4)
- It is sweet.“How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!” (Psa. 119:103)
- It is pure.“The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.” (Psa. 12:6)
- It is tried.“As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the Lord is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.” (Psa. 18:30)
- It is a lamp. “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.” (Psa. 119:105)
- It a light.“Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.” (Psa. 119:105)
- It is eternal.“For ever, O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven.” (Psa. 119:89)
BONUS: There is nothing so perfect, so infallible, so adorable, so true and so fulfilling than Word of the Lord Most High. It is our benevolent gain to receive from God through His Holy Word. There is always one thing to do; to seek to know the Word of God, then an additional benefit; to commit to it precept upon precept and line upon line.
Any reproductions from this site must include a proper acknowledgement as follows:
By S. E. Entsua-Mensah. ©2014 Christ for Humanity Outreach
You are permitted and encouraged to reproduce and distribute this material in its entirety or in unaltered excerpts, as long as you do not charge a fee. For internet posting, please use only unaltered excerpts (not the content in its entirety) and provide a hyperlink to this page. Any exceptions to the above should be approved by Christ for Humanity Outreach.