- Using a combination of history, common sense, the Word of God and the Spirit of God, every leader can generally predict the way things will go. – Dag Heward-Mills
- A leader is great, not because of his or her power, but because of his or her ability to empower others. – John Maxwell
- The leader with a learning attitude who continues to grow spiritually will consolidate and expand his leadership effectiveness. – Larry J. Michael
- If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader. – John Quincy Adams
- A spiritual leader will first and foremost have a calling from God. His work will not be his profession, but his calling. – Zac Poonen
- Surprisingly few people have the internal strength to stand up for what is right. We call this courage. God’s leaders are always people of great courage. – George Barna
- Impersonators, with time give up hope, but great leaders imitate with discretion. – S. E. Entsua-Mensah
- The authority by which the Christian leader leads is not power but love, not force but example, not concern but reasoned persuasion. Leaders have power, but power is safe only in the hands of those who humble themselves to serve. – John Stott
- Managers have their eyes on the bottom line; leaders have their eyes on the horizon. – Warren Bennis
- Every great institution is the lengthened shadow of a single man. His character determines the character of the organisation. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus. – Martin Luther King Jr.
- A true and safe leader is likely to be one who has no desire to lead, but is forced into a position of leadership by the inward pressure of the Holy Spirit and the press of the external situation.
- You cannot antagonize and influence at the same time. – John Knox
Any reproductions from this site must include a proper acknowledgement as follows:
By S. E. Entsua-Mensah. ©2014 Christ for Humanity Outreach
You are permitted and encouraged to reproduce and distribute this material in its entirety or in unaltered excerpts, as long as you do not charge a fee. For internet posting, please use only unaltered excerpts (not the content in its entirety) and provide a hyperlink to this page. Any exceptions to the above should be approved by Christ for Humanity Outreach.