1. Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light.
2. The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart
3. One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
4. Death is no more than passing from one room into another. But there’s a difference for me, you know.
5. Because in that other room I shall be able to see.
6. The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight but no vision.
7. Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.
8. Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.
9. It is wonderful how much time good people spend fighting the devil. If they would only expend the same amount of energy loving their fellow men, the devil would die in his own tracks of ennui.
10. Every child has a right to be well-born, well-nurtured and well-taught, and only the freedom of woman can guarantee him this right.
11. No one has a right to consume happiness without producing it.
12. The human being is born with an incurable capacity for making the best of things.
13. When one door closes, another opens. But we often look so regretfully upon the closed door that we don’t see the one that has opened for us.
14. Knowledge is power. Rather, knowledge is happiness, because to have knowledge – broad, deep knowledge – is to know true ends from false, and lofty things from low. To know the thoughts and deeds that have marked man’s progress is to feel the great heartthrobs of humanity through the centuries; and if one does not feel in these pulsations a heavenward striving, one must indeed be deaf to the harmonies of life.
Read the biography of Helen Keller HERE
Any reproductions from this site must include a proper acknowledgement as follows:
By S. E. Entsua-Mensah. ©2014 Christ for Humanity Outreach
You are permitted and encouraged to reproduce and distribute this material in its entirety or in unaltered excerpts, as long as you do not charge a fee. For internet posting, please use only unaltered excerpts (not the content in its entirety) and provide a hyperlink to this page. Any exceptions to the above should be approved by Christ for Humanity Outreach.