All Christians are supposed to be righteous, which is however a known truth in the Kingdom of God. But mostly the question has been: how do I become righteous? or how can I live righteously? or the ultimate question; how do you know a righteous person? I am not going to give you steps of becoming righteous lest you say I have given you a law. In this write-up I am going list thirteen (13) characteristics of a righteous person which David mentioned in Psalm 15.
Here we go,
Here we go,
- A righteous person lives a blameless life or walks uprightly
- Someone who is righteous works righteousness
- Righteous people speak the truth from their heart
- They refuse to gossip or backbite
- They refuse to do evil to their neighbour
- Righteous people do not accept criticisms or shame from others concerning their neighbours
- Righteous people refuse to speak bad things about their neighbours or friends
- A righteous person stays away from flagrant sinners
- A righteous individual honours those who fear the Lord
- They keep their promises or oaths or vows at all cost
- A righteous person does not lend money at an exorbitant rate of interest
- They refuse to take bribes
- A righteous person protects the innocent at all times
Lord, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill? He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart. He that backbiteth not with his tongue, nor doeth evil to his neighbour, nor taketh up a reproach against his neighbour. In whose eyes a vile person is contemned; but he honoureth them that fear the Lord. He that sweareth to his own hurt, and changeth not. He that putteth not out his money to usury, nor taketh reward against the innocent. He that doeth these things shall never be moved.
I trust that these important qualities from David’s Psalm impart your life so that you manifest the righteousness that deserves to enter into the eternal Kingdom of God. For with these characteristics one shall not be tossed to-and-fro by politics, media, bad friends, bad memories, Satan and etc
Any reproductions from this site must include a proper acknowledgement as follows:
By S. E. Entsua-Mensah. ©2014 Christ for Humanity Outreach
You are permitted and encouraged to reproduce and distribute this material in its entirety or in unaltered excerpts, as long as you do not charge a fee. For internet posting, please use only unaltered excerpts (not the content in its entirety) and provide a hyperlink to this page. Any exceptions to the above should be approved by Christ for Humanity Outreach.