One of the greatest inspirations to Christianity in Africa was the Archbishop Benson Idahosa of blessed memory. He was a man who laughed in the face of Satan and knew how to exercise his faith. Concerning his book ‘Faith For All Life’s Storms’ he says, “Everybody faces a storm in life, but all through this book I’m going to teach you timeless truths and principles about how you can overcome ‘the storms of life’. Your storms must not overcome you, you must overcome them.”
- Storms of life are real, not imaginary stories from children’s fairy tales.
- We all know that there is no such thing as a “storm-free” life. Therefore, agreeing that there is not a storm-free life on Earth, then the only visible alternative open to you under the circumstances is to learn how to take control of the storm.
- Let one thing control your mind if you are a child of God – Jesus knows something about the situation you are going through that you don’t know.
- Millions of people never graduate from the school of self-pity and never learn anything beyond asking WHY, year after year. This is the devil’s trump card. Leave the WHYS behind you. Go on!
- When you don’t know what to do in the storm or the hour of distress – God knows what to do.
- Instead of seeing the storms through your financial upsets, marital problems, business upheavals, depression, and living vulnerably to every physical plague that ravages human beings, discover that God has become your companion for victory through life’s adversities.
- Religious faith is not transmitted genetically.
- Discouragement will come in the storms of life. Don’t let it possess you. Worse still, a countenance will ruin the beauty of God’s glory in you.
- Jesus Christ will unfailingly tell you when He meets a person in crisis, problem, or storm of life. He says, “Be of good cheer!”
- A whole lot of the crisis and storms of life Christians or people of the world run into are self-inflicted.
- Fear of the known will destroy you. Fear will cause you to take rush decisions contrary to the Word of God.
- But the secret of faith is continually saying what God said.
- You will discover that if you obey God, neither the press nor anything else is big enough to destroy you.
- It is true that you will never live without some kind of fear. The danger is to allow it to becloud your faith, rule your heart, or affect God’s voice in the vision you have received.
- Faith is progressive. It does not pretend that obstacles don’t exist. Faith sees the obstacles or crisis and supersedes it.
- Unbelief by simple definition is believing anything no matter what we think to the contrary.
- The power of God transcends political and geographical barriers.
- Your storms must not overcome you, you must overcome them
Any reproductions from this site must include a proper acknowledgement as follows:
By Samuel Entsua ©2014-2017 Christ for Humanity Outreach
You are permitted and encouraged to reproduce and distribute this material in its entirety or in unaltered excerpts, as long as you do not charge a fee. For Internet posting, please use only unaltered excerpts (not the content in its entirety) and provide a hyper-link to this page. Any exceptions to the above should be approved by Samuel E. Entsua-Mensah.