As much Sunday school helped us in our childhood days, it has as well made us believe in misconceptions. Some of these childhood misconceptions are being preached on our pulpits daily. I want to use this opportunity to help bring the truth to light.
- The Bible never said the wise men who went to worship Jesus were three. They rather presented three major things; gold, myrrh and frankincense. (Matthew 2:1)
- The wise men went to worship Jesus Christ in a house or at home, and not in the manager as usually depicted in artwork and plays. (Matthew 2:11)
- We as well know that the wise men and he shepherds did not team up to worship Jesus. The shepherds came when Jesus was born in the manger (Luke 2:7, 8-12, 16)but the wise men came to worship Jesus in a house.
- The Bible never said that Jonah was swallowed by a whale but rather it mentioned that a big fish swallowed the servant of God. (Jonah 1:17) I think people say this because a whale is probably known to be the largest ‘fish’ in the sea. There are howbeit other big fishes in the sea which aren’t mammals.
- There is no place in the Holy Bible where Mary Magdalene was addressed or described as a prostitute. Luke 8:2 says that she was delivered from evil spirits and healed from sicknesses (or infirmities).
- The idea that the forbidden fruit is an apple fruit or sex is a myth. The identity of the fruit remains unknown. (Indecency In Decency, page 38)
Any reproductions from this site must include a proper acknowledgement as follows:
By Samuel Entsua ©2014-2017 Christ for Humanity Outreach
You are permitted and encouraged to reproduce and distribute this material in its entirety or in unaltered excerpts, as long as you do not charge a fee. For Internet posting, please use only unaltered excerpts (not the content in its entirety) and provide a hyper-link to this page. Any exceptions to the above should be approved by Christ for Humanity Outreach.