- The Bible never said the wise men who went to worship Jesus were three. They rather presented three major things; gold, myrrh and frankincense. (Matthew 2:1)
- The wise men went to worship Jesus Christ in a house or at home, and not in the manager as usually depicted in artwork and plays. (Matthew 2:11)
- We as well know that the wise men and he shepherds did not team up to worship Jesus. The shepherds came when Jesus was born in the manger (Luke 2:7, 8-12, 16)but the wise men came to worship Jesus in a house.
- The Bible never said that Jonah was swallowed by a whale but rather it mentioned that a big fish swallowed the servant of God. (Jonah 1:17) I think people say this because a whale is probably known to be the largest ‘fish’ in the sea. There are howbeit other big fishes in the sea which aren’t mammals.
- There is no place in the Holy Bible where Mary Magdalene was addressed or described as a prostitute. Luke 8:2 says that she was delivered from evil spirits and healed from sicknesses (or infirmities).
- The idea that the forbidden fruit is an apple fruit or sex is a myth. The identity of the fruit remains unknown. (Indecency In Decency, page 38)
As much Sunday school helped us in our childhood days, it has as well made us believe in misconceptions. Some of these childhood misconceptions are being preached on our pulpits daily. I want to use this opportunity to help bring the truth to light.
Any reproductions from this site must include a proper acknowledgement as follows:
By Samuel Entsua ©2014-2017 Christ for Humanity Outreach
You are permitted and encouraged to reproduce and distribute this material in its entirety or in unaltered excerpts, as long as you do not charge a fee. For Internet posting, please use only unaltered excerpts (not the content in its entirety) and provide a hyper-link to this page. Any exceptions to the above should be approved by Christ for Humanity Outreach.