- I am not a Christian because God changed my life; I am a Christian because of my convictions about who Jesus Christ is.
- Prayer is talking with God. God knows your heart and is He not so concerned with your words as He is with the attitude of your heart.
- You can laugh at Christianity; you can mock and ridicule it. But it works. It changes lives. If you trust Christ, start watching your attitudes and actions, because Jesus Christ is in the business of changing lives.
- Whenever you do judge, the only basis of judgment is not your own perspective or anything else, it’s the very character and nature of God and that’s why we are to allow Him to exercise His justice, where I personally want to take it upon myself.
- If Jesus Christ was who He claimed to be, and He did die on a cross at a point of time in history, then, for all history past and all history future it is relevant because that is the very focal point for forgiveness and redemption.
- The first thing that stuck in the minds of the disciples was not the empty tomb, but rather the empty grave clothes – undisturbed in form and position.
- After I set out to refute Christianity intellectually and couldn’t, I came to the conclusion the Bible was true and Jesus Christ was God’s Son.
- The Christian faith is faith in Christ. Its value or worth is not in the one believing but in the One believed – not in the one trusting, but in the One trusted.
- Why don’t the names of Buddha, Mohammed, Confucius offend people? The reason is that these others didn’t claim to be God, but Jesus did.
- Rules without relationship lead to rebellion.
- I would say 90 percent of Christians do not have a worldview, in other words a view of the world, based on the Scripture and a relationship with God.
- No matter how devastating our struggles, disappointments, and troubles are, they are only temporary.
- Forgiveness is the oil of relationships.
- One who claimed what Jesus claimed about himself couldn’t be a good moral man or a prophet. That option isn’t open to us, and Jesus never intended it to be.
- We do not develop habits of genuine love automatically. We learn by watching effective role models – most specifically by observing how our parents express love for each other day in and day out.
- True love is spelled G-I-V-E. It is not based on what you can get, but rooted in what you can give to the other person.
- We no longer live in a post-Christian society, we live in an anti-Christian society, one in which the Christian faith is dismissed or ridiculed and Christians are considered suspect and their motives and behavior berated.
- After more than 700 hours of studying this subject, and thoroughly investigating its foundation, I have come to the conclusion that the resurrection of Jesus Christ is one of the most wicked, vicious, heartless hoaxes ever foisted upon the minds of men, or it is the most fantastic fact of history.
- Anyone with sincere religious beliefs cannot say that all religions are true. That is so illogical it is pathetic. All religion cannot be true because some of them are so diametrically opposed to each other.
- Knowing that God is faithful, it really helps me to not be captivated by worry. But knowing that He will do what He has said, He will cause it to happen, whatever He has promised, and then it causes me to be less involved in worrying about a situation.
- Where I once constantly lost my temper, I found myself arriving at a crisis and experiencing peace.
- Christ appeared alive on several occasions after the cataclysmic events of that first Easter.
- Jesus claimed He had the power to raise himself from the dead and His followers would be raised from the dead. That’s a unique claim in the literature of religion.
- Few people seem to realize that the resurrection of Jesus is the cornerstone to a world view that provides the perspective to all of life.
- My greatest asset now is my focus.
- Both Jewish and Roman sources and traditions admit an empty tomb.
- If there were more than one path to salvation then it would totally negate Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross, his life, his teachings.
- ‘My Lord and my God!’ Thomas exclaimed. (John 20:26-28). Jesus accepted Thomas’s acknowledgment of him as God. He rebuked Thomas for his unbelief but not for his worship.
- The first to speak in court sounds right—until the cross-examination begins” (Proverbs 18:17).
- Speaking in math terms, they are one to the infinite power. Jesus said, “The Father and I are one”
I developed an interest in apologetics after my readings of Josh McDowell’s materials. Actually, my favourite of all his writings is “More Than A Carpenter”. His teachings are down to earth and very sound. I always get challenged after reading his materials to seek to know the truth the way he knows and teaches it. I will encourage you to read these few with an open heart.
Any reproductions from this site must include a proper acknowledgement as follows:
By Samuel Entsua ©2014-2017 Christ for Humanity Outreach
You are permitted and encouraged to reproduce and distribute this material in its entirety or in unaltered excerpts, as long as you do not charge a fee. For Internet posting, please use only unaltered excerpts (not the content in its entirety) and provide a hyper-link to this page. Any exceptions to the above should be approved by Samuel E. Entsua-Mensah.