“Find a good spouse, you find a good life — and even more: the favor of God!” (Prov. 18:22 The message Bible)
It is a good thing to marry, – marry the opposite sex, but the decision to choose your spouse solely depends on you. The Scripture above is one of the popular Scriptures on marriage, godly marriage, yet it makes it clear that the decision to choose our spouses is our responsibility, not God’s.
Here, I will help you with some things to look out for in a person you would want to marry;
- You have to look for someone who loves the presence of God more than your presence.
- You have look for a person who is not moved by emotions/feelings. (Prov. 15:18; 29:11)
- You must search for a person who is able to anticipate your need and make an effort to provide for you.
- You have to look for a person who is competent enough to leave mother and father to build a family with you alone. (Gen. 2:24; Matt. 19:5; Eph. 5:31)
- You ought to look for a person with a vision. (Prov. 29:18; Hos. 4:6)
- You should look out for someone who is not jealous, precisely an over possessive person. (Prov. 6:34; 27:4)
- You should look for a person who knows your “ungood” side but still wants to be with you. (Gen. 24. Eliezer found Rebekah, Isaac’s wife at the well.)
BONUS: Choose someone who has chosen to understand you , and, whom you have also chosen to understand.
Image source, go here
Any reproductions from this site must include a proper acknowledgement as follows:
By S. E. Entsua-Mensah. ©2014 Christ for Humanity Outreach
You are permitted and encouraged to reproduce and distribute this material in its entirety or in unaltered excerpts, as long as you do not charge a fee. For internet posting, please use only unaltered excerpts (not the content in its entirety) and provide a hyperlink to this page. Any exceptions to the above should be approved by Christ for Humanity Outreach.